Based in Bournemouth, Dorset, Satori Martial Arts Bournemouth was founded by Steve Goodhand in 2006. SMA is a member of the NAKMAS.
The club is fundamentally Shotokan Karate however we cross-train, therefore many elements of martial arts are included (striking, kicking, throwing and grappling). The training covers technique, pad work, forms and street self defence. This is also supplemented with weapons training/defence. Karate will help to develop awareness, confidence, power, speed and coordination. You also have the opportunity to compete in any discipline including: karate, freestyle, MMA and kickboxing. There is no stress on competition; its entirely up to the student if they want to compete.
As a member of the SMA you will also be a member of NAKMAS one of the largest martial art governing bodies in the country.
• Quality control through the NAKMAS.
• Nationally recognised Dan and Kyu gradings.
• Access to competition including local inter-club and nationals.
• Regular access to training sessions with visiting instructors.
• A variety of training techniques covering all areas of combat.
• Nationally recognised qualified instructors with CRB certificates and comprehensive liability insurance.
• Martial arts club liabilities insurance (2million), lawfully allowing martial arts training.
Beccles & Norwich Karate Association
Held at Beccles sport Centre and in Norwich , these clubs offer both children and adult classes. For more information contact Sensei Steve Leggett on 07910767334
The Satori Karate Lowestoft
Based in the Nirvana Fitness Centre. There the training is overseen by chief instructor Chris Broadley (5th Dan) an experienced teacher with over 30 years of Karate history.
Satori Kessingland & Southwold
These clubs offers both children and adult classes. For more information contact Sensei Matthew Beardon on 07863160162.